Tuesday, January 11, 2011

fly/ride

I (sort of) recently took a trip down to California for a few reasons. To see some friends, get some waves, shoot some photos, and see about a potential future job.

The trip was an interesting one, essentially without any waves, but that's okay. I still got to paddle out some, and I got to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones.


I ended up deciding to come home early, and it was cheaper to take the bus. LA to Portland is a long ride on a greyhound. I met a couple interesting characters, and got to practice my Spanish a little bit. Almost 30 hours later, and it was so great to be back to a whole different world with with less traffic, more trees, and a different vibe all around. (no offense to southern Californians...it's just different.)


I couldn't pass up this first photo while riding somewhere in Central California on I-5.