Thursday, October 14, 2010

last shots

The lab that I've been taking my film to here in Portland happens to be really close to the famous Burnside Skate Park.

Created under the Burnside Bridge in 1990 without city permission, the project started modestly, but with passion. Within a couple years, people saw that it was a good thing, and it gained support and funding. With passion, motivation, and the money to build, it didn't take too long for the park under the bridge to become awesome. That's the short version of the story, at least.

I have memories of playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on playstation with my friends a decade ago, with Burnside as one of the main parks.

Being under that bridge watching the people skate reminded me of those good times skating in the driveway, snowboarding in the backyard, coming inside and playing Tony Hawk while warming up to some hot chocolate...

Anyway, I had two photos to finish up before I took my film to the lab. One on my 35mm and one on my holga. Here are those last shots.

1 comment:

J.lynch said...

hahaha. i remebr this park on the tony hawk game. so sick.